Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting Excited About Japan

Something that I've struggled with on this tour is not really knowing what it is that I want to see and experience in Japan. Unlike France or Germany, I didn't have much of a mental image to go with Japan.

I thought that might be the case with some other people here or who are on the way. I have often turned to the Japan National Tourism Board site, which has not only city specific info for travel planning, but also a lot of good general cultural info about Japan. The KIE section, for example has several pages of information about the traditon of moon viewing in Japan. (The big full moon festivals are right around the corner in August.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Birds of Yokosuka--updated links

This is an older post, but I noticed that some of the links are broken.  I am unable to update the original post, so here is a new one.  I...