Friday, June 18, 2010

Online Weather Course

I find that I have to work hard to keep feeding the science interests that my kids have. I'm not sure if this is because they are still in the "What's that" and "Why" stages or if it is the influence of science related TV shows like Mythbusters or if it's just because they like science. Whatever the reason, I am always looking for interesting science relate books and websites for them.

Today I found an online weather course from the National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration, called Jetstream. If you dig a little into the Lesson Plan Overview section, you can find an outline of all of the lessons and quizzes for each section.

Within some of the lessons there are Learning Lessons which are weather related experiments or demonstrations. You might want to review the Learning Lessons for the modules to collect all of the items you'll need. There's nothing as annoying as needing something like balloons or thumbtacks in order to do some cool experiment and not being able to find them.

2 comments:

  1. Ohoo, perfect timing! I needed this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too...Thanks! PS...I have some Japanese Weather Songs, crafts and games for the younger crowd...if anyone is interested!

    ReplyDelete

Birds of Yokosuka--updated links

This is an older post, but I noticed that some of the links are broken.  I am unable to update the original post, so here is a new one.  I...