Thursday, June 10, 2010

World Cup Fun

At our house, we're getting antsy for the beginning of the World Cup. Geography, probability, statistics, even a little bit of political history and foreign cultures just naturally flow from watching the games. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

I don't know if any of the early games will make it onto AFN. But a friend of ours sent me a link to the broadcast schedule for the Japanese channels. If there is an X it means that the game won't be shown on Japanese tv. For late-night TV 3:30 is dated the day before the date is written as 27:30.

If you're looking for more educational tie ins, I found a world cup soccer lapbook project template and some projects that you could fold into a unit study.

1 comment:

  1. One of my friends back in the states is celebrating World Cup time by cooking food related to one of the day's games.

    ReplyDelete

Birds of Yokosuka--updated links

This is an older post, but I noticed that some of the links are broken.  I am unable to update the original post, so here is a new one.  I...