Friday, June 18, 2010

Tamagoyaki on rice

I have a new hobby since moving to Japan. I like to shop!

My husband thinks I'm nuts, because I've never ever before enjoyed shopping. But, since arriving in Japan, I shop! I love looking in shops, in huge store, and even street vendors. I don't always buy, but I'm always looking.
There are so many things that are the same, but many more items that are so very different.

Soon after moving here I discovered a pan. A very strange shaped pan.

I found a recipe online and modified it (we have food allergies).

...and cooked.


Yummy!!!

Basic recipe

4 eggs

1/2 T oil (for the pan)

2 T sugar

1 T Soy Sauce

(we have discovered this serves 2-3 adults)

Tools:

Pan, basting brush, pancake turner, & cooking chopsticks (or fork)


If you want a step-by-step tutorial,
here is my blog post on the recipe.

Kris

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I have a favorite book that from the 1930s that features an omlette with sugar, which was evidently popular in England at the time. I wonder if they are related.

    ReplyDelete

Birds of Yokosuka--updated links

This is an older post, but I noticed that some of the links are broken.  I am unable to update the original post, so here is a new one.  I...